Old Fashioned Lemonade
- Old Fashioned Lemonade
2 cups Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed, from about 8 - 10 lemons) 1 ½ cups White Sugar 2 ½ tablespoons Lemon Zest (2-3 lemons) 8 cups Cold Water (to dilute)
- Lemon syrup
- Add 1 cup of the lemon juice into a saucepan, along with 1 ½ cup of sugar and the zest. Heat the two ingredients together on medium-high heat, while stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved. Continue to heat the lemon syrup until the lemon syrup starts to simmer.
- Set the saucepan aside and allow the syrup to cool down to room temperature.
- Stir in the rest of the ½ cup of lemon juice.
- Strain the lemon syrup to remove the zest.
- Allow the syrup to chill in the fridge until needed.
- To make the Lemonade
- Mix the lemon syrup with about 6 cups of chilled water at first then stir to combine. Add the extra 2 cups of water if you want to dilute the lemonade further (to your taste). Pour the lemonade into a pitcher with additional lemon slices.
- Taste and add more fresh lemon juice or water if needed. Serve immediately or store in the fridge until needed.